Friday, October 06, 2006

Eulogy to a Tree


Good Ole Tree
I woke round 3:00 am on a Tuesday
waitin' 'round for the next day
I couldn't walk or talk or see past my head
as I left my usual bed
I am too tired from being fired
Just layin' 'round waitin' to be hired
So I stepped out back to the sundeck
I said, "What the heck."
Gotta go, gotta go, gotta let it flow
no one 'round 3:00 am on a Tuesday
As I let it go let it flow
A tree fell right there in front of me
Then it struck me 'bout 3:01
That I'll be a son of a gun
Never thought I'd live to see the day
To see a tree fall right there in front of me
So here I am alive to tell
about a Good Ole Tree that fell
Sometimes I get to feelin' so bad about that ole tree
I guess I should have never stepped out back that night to pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment