Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Thank You

Thank you Vicki Davis and Dee Martin for your wonderful comments to my blog entry, Webquest. There is something magical about receiving a constructive comment from a complete stranger. Reading the comments validated my thoughts and my opinion. It astonished me that anyone would even take the time to read my blog let alone respond and reach out. I am beginning to get "it." This tool allows us to be a producers on the web and not just a consumer. It allows us to have a voice. Through a discussion there is the opportunity for a tremendous level of learning, and if I feel like this, I can't imagine how my fifth grade students would feel. So again, thanks Cool Cat Teacher and Dee Martin for all that you do. Keep on keeping on.

2 comments:

  1. I will use this post in my Blogging Class at Technology Fair before school starts next year! We now have "in house" WordPress blogs available for teachers but I have to do some selling to get them going. There are presently five of us blogging on campus and three of us are technology people so I have my work cut out for me. It's wonderful to have people comment and when the conversations grow to include several blogs and the thoughts of several people then I think something magical happens and it means real learning takes place for us. I can only think that the feeling and the learning will be multiplied for students and what a gift that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! It is a great conversation isn't it?

    ReplyDelete