Thursday, April 05, 2007

It's 3:26 a.m.

It's amazing what goes through your mind at 3:26 a.m. My daughter finally managed to get back to sleep and of course I find myself "thinking" and not being able to get back to sleep myself.

Random Thoughts
1. American culture ~ are we our own worst enemy?
2. Competition vs. Cooperation
3. Should I learn Mandarin?
4. What language do they speak in India?
5. Work Ethic ~ What it should be and what it is
6. What will I do today to make a difference for tomorrow?
7. What time does the sun rise?
8. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches ~ yuck
9. Note to self ~ get organized
10. Find balance in all that I do...

It is certainly time to say goodnight but before I go I am going to school tomorrow to deliberately and explicitly find the good. I have been so busy pushing content and teaching strategies that I have taken my eye off the ball ~ make connections, build relationships, ask meaningful questions, and find the good in everyone. That is what my today will look like. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Wow at that time in the morning all I can think about is how terrible I'm going to feel at work all day LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also learn mandarin by a special and innovative service in Beijing Chinese School. I like to learn in live class with teacehrs from Beijing directly. I also like to practice mandarin with volunteers freely everyday. Watching Chinese mandarin learning TV on CLTV is also interesting and helpful to practice listening and learn more about Mandarin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Qlickel1:24 PM

    Yes you should learn mandarin because it's a challenge! A nice website is www.chinese-tools.com.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete