Monday, February 11, 2008

The Conversations Had Begun


How amazing is it when students not only have the opportunity to read great books, but then have the chance to have conversations with the authors of those books? This evening, I was reading through our class blog and approving comments when I found myself literally jumping out of the chair after realizing Freddie Remza, author of Journey to Mei, had commented on one of my students blog posts. This is incredibly exciting news!


Literacy instruction is the major focus of what we do at the elementary level. Tomorrow morning, after my students discover that a "real live author" has left a comment on one of our student's blog...well let's just say that the excitement level will go higher than I will be able to manage. This is really good news at so many levels.


More to come soon...

1 comment:

  1. When we met at NYSCATE you were wrestling with this blogging thing. Now look what you have gone and done!! How exciting for your students and the classroom learning environment as they realize that learning is a connective collaborative process. Looking forward to what happens next!
    ~Steve

    ReplyDelete