"How are we to make our students literate if we ourselves are not?"
According to National Council of Teachers of English a literate person should have these six components
- Develop proficiency with the tools of technology
- Build relationships with others to pose and solve problems collaboratively and cross culturally
- Design and share information for global communities to meet a variety of purposes
- Manage, analyze, and synthesize multiple streams of simultaneous information
- Create, critique, analyze, and evaluate multimedia texts
- Attend to the ethical responsibilities required by these complex environments
If yes, awesome! How are you helping those who are not?
If not, what are you going to do?
- Wait for your district to provide you training and support
- Go seek out your own training and support
- Do nothing
What will you do?