Sunday, November 04, 2012

Rise and Shine

It's bananas, just bananas!  The amount of information to sift through, select, process, connect and ponder is simply crazy.  Let me give you an explicit example of what I am talking about.

This morning, I stumbled out of bed around 6:00, brewed a cup of Columbia Caribou Coffee through the Keurig and within minutes took a seat in front of the screen.

I had a quick conversation on Facebook with a family member and then found a Wall Post from Angela Maiers that said:

Interested in what Sir Ken has to say I quickly opened my twitter account and found @NcreatvieyN.  A quick glance down the feed showed me this:

"This Revolution is Not Being Televised looks interesting," I thought.  I clicked the link and began reading.

"Who is the author of this post I wonder?"  I thought to myself.  "Hmm, never heard of Sam Chaltain before.  I'll keep reading to see what Sam is trying to say here."

"Oh, he's a published author.  Careful, read critically," I thought to myself.  So as I continued I quickly found a sentence that spoke to me and used my handy dandy Diigo highlighter. This was making real sense to me.  The ideas in his post had me considering my own teaching habits and my own parenting habits.

"Here's a link. I'll right click and "open in new tab" to read once I get through this article."

"Wow, there's a lot of links.  I'll just right click and "open in new tab" and once I am through reading this article I go back through them."  I said out loud while sitting in the kitchen with the dog on Sunday morning at 6:10am.

It's at this point that I realized I had about a dozen tabs open, I was bookmarking possible books to read, skimming over the links that Sam has embedded in his article, and reaching the bottom of my coffee cup.


 Bananas!

So now the dog is ready to go outside, my head is about to explode and the second cup of coffee is being brewed.

I grabbed my journal, actual pencil and paper, and jotted a few notes down and then opened my blogger account.  It was time to write.

Actually, no it wasn't.  The dog, after being let in, had to see the children.  Rylee ran down the hall, chew toy in mouth, jumped into the children's bed and began the early morning ritual of obnoxious out of body tail waving and slobbering.

"Ok, brain.  Put all this on hold and focus on the kids."

Hugs and kisses ensued as we discussed last nights dreams and possible breakfast choices.  Gavin asked about the time change, "We can't move the moon so we move the clock?"  He asked. 

"That's one way to think of it." I said while chucklin' a bit under my breath.

Chocolate chip pancakes were eaten, we talked with mommy on the phone, I made a few phone calls about our landscaping business and was able to sit back down to the computer and reconnect my head to this mornings barrage of thoughts.

Bananas!

"Ok, where was I?"  

"Oh yes, a dozen tabs open and a thought about what to write.  Where shall I begin?  How about starting like this:"

It's bananas, just bananas!  The amount of information to sift through, select, process, connect and ponder is simply crazy.  Let me give you an explicit example of what I am talking about.

"Yeah, that sounds about right..."



No comments: