Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Visit to the Book Store

I absolutely love going to book stores.  My kids and I walked in yesterday to Barnes and Nobles and were greeted by a gentlemen playing live Holiday music on his piano.  The fresh smell of coffee and the hustle and bustle of the last minute shoppers added to the moment.

We quickly found our way to the back of the store where my son found the 8th book of Lunch Lady by Jarrett Krosoczka.  He pulled up some carpet and dove in.  Amelia and I grabbed a few picture books and found our way over to the Winnie the Pooh reading nook.

Our first book was Yes, Virginia There is a Santa Claus.  Although I have not seen it, there is a movie about this book as well.

We also read Charlie Brown's Christmas where he chooses the "best" Christmas tree on the lot and learns the meaning of Christmas.
Then we read Santa Trap.  This was my personal favorite out of the bunch.
No Christmas could go without reading about Bad Kitty.
Amelia then grabbed another favorite of mine that is good to read anytime of year; The Kissing Hand

What are you reading these days?

No comments: