Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Google Calendar for Lesson Planning

Google Calendar will be my plan book of choice for the 2013-14 school year.  Why not?

I live by the calendar.  It keeps my professional and personal life ultra organized.  I look at my calendar throughout my entire day.  I set reminders for myself so I'm never late (insert sarcasm here), share events with family members or friends, and even embed calendars in our class website.  It just makes sense to my brain to use Google Calendar for my lesson plans.

There are many options available within Calendars that I'm confident that no matter the situation I'm sure I'll find a solution.  You can:

  • insert links
  • move plans in case of snow days
  • multiple views - day,  4 day, week, month, and yes even yearly view
  • share
  • embed
  • color code

Actually, I will have a couple calendars this year for school.  One for the students and families that will be embedded into our class website and the other for my detailed lesson plans.

If you're interested in this idea check out the endless tutorials to get ya started.  Below is the video that helped me out.


No comments:

Post a Comment